List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jake Krohn Date:September 19 2005 3:33pm
Subject:Foreign keys across databases?
View as plain text
I would like to use separate databases to group certain related tables
to keep things clean, but I would also like to use foreign keys to
enforce referential integrity between tables in different databases. I
don't think this is possible. Am I right? And if so, am I reduced to
using carefully chosen table names to keep things organized? What have
others done in this situation?

Thanks,

Jake Krohn
Thread
Foreign keys across databases?Jake Krohn19 Sep
  • Re: Foreign keys across databases?Martijn Tonies19 Sep