List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:September 18 2005 7:44pm
Subject:Re: Select ALL rows with WHERE statement
View as plain text
Alvaro,

/>The problem is that in the same php page I would like to choose either the
 >calculation from an especific year or the calculation from the whole table
 >using URL./

That needn't raise a problem, especially in PHP. If the user chooses a
year, have the page construct the appropriate WHERE clause. If she
chooses "all", have the page remove any WHERE clause from the SQL
statement.

PB

-----

Alvaro Cobo wrote:

>Thanks Pooly and Peter:
>
>The problem is that in the same php page I would like to choose either the
>calculation from an especific year or the calculation from the whole table
>using URL.
>
>An example:
>
>I have a table which shows how much money somebody has spent each year and
>there is the choice to know how much money they have spent from the begining
>of the data input (fields: id, person, expenses, year).
>
>I have built a dynamic page which shows a link with the years in the
>database, and an aditional link which selects "all" records. So when people
>chooses one of the year links, it sends an URL variable to the browser,
>which is collected by the sql script to the WHERE statement and then it
>filters the data and sum all the data from this specific year. But If they
>choose the "all" link, the filter just disapears, and the sql query makes a
>sum of the whole data.
>
>I guess, once the years are fixed data, Poolys approach could be very
>useful, because, I can configure the "all" link to send an URL variable with
>the '%' wildcard, and the year links could still send their data (2005, for
>example) which defines univocally each one of the records in the year field
>in the budget table.
>
>At the moment I was building two separate pages, so when people want the
>infiltered data, the hyperlink directs then to another page, but it is much
>better to have all the information in only one page, to make it easy the
>mainteinance.
>
>Thanks a lot guys. It was a great help from you.
>
>Very best regards,
>
>Alvaro.
>
>PD: Sorry, but my English is not very good this time.

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.1/104 - Release Date: 9/16/2005
Thread
Select ALL rows with WHERE statementAlvaro Cobo17 Sep
  • Re: Select ALL rows with WHERE statementPooly17 Sep
  • Re: Select ALL rows with WHERE statementPeter Brawley17 Sep
  • Re: Select ALL rows with WHERE statementAlvaro Cobo18 Sep
    • Re: Select ALL rows with WHERE statementJasper Bryant-Greene18 Sep
      • Re: Select ALL rows with WHERE statementPooly18 Sep
    • Re: Select ALL rows with WHERE statementPeter Brawley18 Sep