List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darrell Shifflett Date:April 15 1999 10:36am
Subject:Re: RedHat 5.2
View as plain text
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Poul Christiansen wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have just subscribed to this list - since I'm trying to install MySQL on
> my Linux Server. (RedHat 5.2)
>

> I've downloaded this file:
>     http://www.mysql.com/Downloads/MySQL-3.22/MySQL-3.22.21-1.i386.rpm
>
> Since i've also just started using Linux, i start X-windows and go into the
> package manager.
>
> When i try to install the above software, it goes along but when it gets to
> 100% of the installation it hangs. I can kill the process - but the
> installation hangs, and is finished correctly.
>
> Does anybody know what to do about this? - What do i do?

Lets do this in console, okay. Do a rpm -q MySQL ..... do you see the
package installed? If the package is there and it was stalling lets
reinstall it. First, rpm -e MySQL-3.22.21-1
Then, rpm -ivh MySQL-3.22.21-1.i386.rpm to install, you should not get
errors. BTW, you need MySQL-client-3.22.21-1.i386.rpm as well or nothing
will work. rpm -ivh MySQL-client-3.22.21-1.i386.rpm  as well.
If the package was never installed in the first place when you did
rpm -q MySQL, just install both those rpm's..... this will start the
mysqld daemon and you ready to make stuff :P

> Best regards
>
> Poul Christiansen - mailto:poul@stripped
> AP Consult ApS - http://www.ap-consult.dk

Thread