List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 16 2005 2:34pm
Subject:Re: Differences Between ORACLE SQL PLus and MYSQL SQL
View as plain text
Hi,

> Could you please tell us what are the differences
> between ORACLE SQL plus and MYSQL SQL? We developed

"oracle sql plus" is a client side application to execute SQL statements.

"oracle sql" is Oracles version of standard SQL (which is not standard)
and "mysql sql" is MySQLs version of standard SQL, which is not
standard either.

> application using ColdFusion with Oracle. Now I like
> to point my application to mysql database. How do I
> fix my application to work with Mysql?

Remove any Oracle specific syntax, try to find the SQL standard
syntax for it - if available - and if that doesn't work, try the MySQL
version of the SQL.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Differences Between ORACLE SQL PLus and MYSQL SQLPhong Nguyen16 Sep
  • Re: Differences Between ORACLE SQL PLus and MYSQL SQLMartijn Tonies16 Sep
  • Re: Differences Between ORACLE SQL PLus and MYSQL SQLSGreen16 Sep
    • Re: Differences Between ORACLE SQL PLus and MYSQL SQLJosh Trutwin16 Sep