List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:September 15 2005 2:37pm
Subject:Re: database link
View as plain text
Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote on 09/15/2005 10:33:16 AM:

> Hi,
> How can i connect from MYSQL db to an oracle database. Do we need to
create
> any database link or use some ODBC.
> Please help
>  regards
> anandkl

The only way to get one MySQL database server to directly manage data in a
table that resides within another server is through the Federated storage
engine. Federated is a new feature coming with v5.0 and is similar to
MSSQL's "linked table" feature. Currently it only supports MySQL to MySQL
table interactions.

When you say "connect from MYSQL db to an oracle database" what exactly
are you trying to accomplish? What are you trying to do? What problem are
you having that you think the "connection" would solve? Please give us
some additional details so we can answer your question more thoroughly.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
Thread