List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tuc at T-B-O-H Date:September 14 2005 3:29pm
Subject:Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockups
View as plain text
Hi,

	Ok, I created the file and I looked and see absolutely nothing
about the bad connection attempt, only good ones.

	I've posted it to :

	http://vjofn.tucs-beachin-obx-house.com/mysqltrace.txt

	does anyone see anything that would give any clues?

			Thanks, Tuc
> Hello.
>
> When I suggested to create a trace file, I wanted to find the place
> where mysqld hangs. In my opinion, it is possible. You  should
> research the last entries at the end of the trace file (using tail,
> for example) after mysql has hung. I'm not sure if we are able to find
> any clues in the trace files when using clients with a good reverse.
>

> Tuc at T-B-O-H <ml@stripped> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >        I hacked the Makefile so that it would recompile it with
> > -debug on the version. I started it with "--debug" as part of the
> > extra args passed to safe_mysqld. It started, and created a
> > /tmp/mysqld.trace where its logging to.
> >
> >        So far, no one with a broken reverse DNS has tried to
> > contact the server.... However, me with a good reverse but no
> > authority via the /etc/hosts.allow has gone against it 5 or
> > 6 times, and the log doesn't even show any evidence.
> >
> >        If it isn't showing any sort of logging of my illegal
> > attempt, I'm concerned it will not show any attempts from the
> > hosts that are causing the problems.
> >
> >                Thanks, Tuc

Thread
Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H30 Aug
  • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko31 Aug
    • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H1 Sep
      • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsSGreen1 Sep
        • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H1 Sep
          • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsSGreen1 Sep
            • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H1 Sep
      • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko2 Sep
        • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H2 Sep
          • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko3 Sep
            • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H3 Sep
              • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko3 Sep
                • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H3 Sep
                  • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko5 Sep
                    • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H5 Sep
                      • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko5 Sep
                        • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H5 Sep
                    • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H14 Sep