List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terence Date:September 10 2005 1:52am
Subject:Timezone query similiar to pgsql
View as plain text
Hi List,

Does MySQL have something similiar to

SELECT TIMESTAMP '2001-02-16 20:38:40' AT TIME ZONE 'Canada/Pacific';

I need to handle the timestamp in the database. Previous posts and some
googling suggests it should be in the PHP layer which is not an option
for me.
My users come from various timezones, and so I plan to store everything
in GMT (server time) and select the time based on their timezone
preference which is stored in a user preference table.

Suggestions always welcome :)

Thanks

Terence

Thread
Timezone query similiar to pgsqlTerence10 Sep
  • Re: Timezone query similiar to pgsqlDan Nelson10 Sep