List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hugh Sasse Date:September 9 2005 5:39pm
Subject:Re: `gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.
View as plain text
On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Joerg Bruehe wrote:

> Michael,
>

> you beat me in replying, and saved me from typing the analysis - thanks!
>

> Michael Stassen wrote:
>> [[...]]
>>
>> The test suite is broken.
>
> Well, I would not put it that way - a diplomatic wording is:
> "The tool to run the test suite does not run as it should."
> I understand that the effect for Hugh and you is the same ;-)

Nobody was claiming *deliberate* breakage! :-)
         [...]
>> quite a few commented-out, "fix me" sections.
>
> Correct. A Perl script for the test suite is being worked on. Reasons:
> 1) A shell script will never work for "native" Windoes users who do not
> install Cygwwin, MinGW, MKS or similar suites.
> 2) The shell script lacks some functionality which is needed, and it is
> already too convoluted.

Good reasons.

         [...]
>>   cd mysql-test && ./mysql-test-run --force
>
> Right, this is what I recommend.
>
> To be a bit picky: There is one standard test suite only (which is included
> in the source tar-ball), but there are currently two different scripts to run
> it, the (old) shell and the (new) Perl script.
>
> The specific error causing your and Hugh's problem, the incorrect skipping of
> tests which are not applicable to the server to be tested,
> has been fixed, but maybe this version has not yet been pushed to the 4.1
> tree.

Can we grab the new version off the web (CVSweb or similar?)
somewhere?  If it is feasible for me I'd like to translate it to
Ruby to give you that much wider coverage.  Depends if my Perl
fluency is sufficient, etc.  Whether {you, the committee, ???} accept
the contribution is another matter entirely, of course.

> Regards, J>
         Thank you,
         Hugh

Thread
`gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.Hugh Sasse7 Sep
  • Re: `gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.Hugh Sasse9 Sep
    • Re: `gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.Michael Stassen9 Sep
      • Re: `gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.Hugh Sasse9 Sep
      • Re: `gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.Joerg Bruehe9 Sep
        • Re: `gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.Hugh Sasse9 Sep
          • Re: `gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.Joerg Bruehe14 Sep
      • Re: `gmake test` probs Solaris9 for M. 4.1.4.Hugh Sasse19 Sep
  • How to benchmark performansOKAN ARI19 Sep
    • Re: How to benchmark performansGleb Paharenko2 Oct