List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nuno Pereira Date:September 8 2005 12:53pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 4.0.26 has been released
View as plain text
Problem solved, at least for the most and major distributions and packages.

Diana Soares wrote:
> Just a note: the main site still reports version 4.0.25-0.
> I dowloaded version 4.0.26 from a mirror, but it was necessary to tweak the URL.
> Congratulations for this fantastic project,
> Diana Soares
> On 9/8/05, Joerg Bruehe <joerg@stripped> wrote:
>>MySQL 4.0.26, a new version of the popular Open Source/Free Software
>>Database Management System, has been released. It is now available in
>>source and binary form for a number of platforms from our download pages
>>at and mirror sites.
>>Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point in time -
>>if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or
>>choose another download site.
>>This is a bugfix release for the recent production version.
>>Please refer to our bug database at for more
>>details about the individual bugs fixed in this version.
>>News from the ChangeLog:
>>Functionality added or changed:
>>* Added the mysql_get_client_version C API function to the embedded
>>   server library. (It was present in the regular client library but
>>   inadvertently omitted from the embedded library.)
>>   (Bug #10266 (
>>Bugs fixed:
>>* An optimizer estimate of zero rows for a non-empty InnoDB table used
>>   in a left or right join could cause incomplete rollback for the table.
>>   (Bug  #12779 (
>>* Query cache is switched off if a thread (connection) has tables
>>   locked. This prevents invalid results where the locking thread inserts
>>   values between a second thread connecting and selecting from the
>>   table. (Bug  #12385 (
>>* For PKG installs on Mac OS X, the preinstallation and postinstallation
>>   scripts were being run only for new installations and not for upgrade
>>   installations, resulting in an incomplete installation process.
>>   (Bug #11380 (
>>* On Windows, applications that used the embedded server made it not
>>   possible to remove certain files in the data directory, even after the
>>   embedded  server  had been shut down. This occurred because a file
>>   descriptor was being held open.
>>   (Bug #12177 (
>>* Creation of the mysql group account failed during the RPM
>>   installation.  (Bug #12348 (
>>* Attempting  to  repair a table having a fulltext index on a column
>>   containing  words  whose  length  exceeded 21 characters and where
>>   myisam_repair_threads was greater than 1 would crash the server. (Bug
>>   #11684 (
>>* When two threads compete for the same table, a deadlock could occur if
>>   one thread has also a lock on another table through LOCK TABLES and
>>   the thread is attempting to remove the table in some manner and the
>>   other thread want locks on both tables.
>>   (Bug #10600 (
>>MySQL General Mailing List
>>For list archives:
>>To unsubscribe:

Nuno Pereira
MySQL 4.0.26 has been releasedJoerg Bruehe8 Sep
  • Re: MySQL 4.0.26 has been releasedDiana Soares8 Sep
    • Re: MySQL 4.0.26 has been releasedJoerg Bruehe8 Sep
    • Re: MySQL 4.0.26 has been releasedNuno Pereira8 Sep
  • Re: MySQL 4.0.26 has been releasedRemo Tex9 Sep
    • Re: MySQL 4.0.26 has been releasedJoerg Bruehe9 Sep