List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tuc at T-B-O-H Date:September 5 2005 5:47pm
Subject:Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockups
View as plain text

> Hello.
>
> I don't know. You may want to hack MySQL source (it seems not
> too hard to change the dbug/dbug.c file). As an alternative you can
> make a feature request at:
>   http://bugs.mysql.com

	Done. Thank you.

> In my opinion, timestamp is a helpful thing (however, it may affect the
> performance which is already a very low when MySQL produces trace
> files). In you case if MySQL really hangs you should be able to find
> the significant difference in the logging behavior after it has hung.
> I guess it won't log anything. And the last messages (mostly from
> sql/hostname) should be exactly what you need.

	The problem is that it will eventually recover itself and
continue on its way until the next time.

	I am waiting for it to happen again still....I've
turned monitoring on so that if it does start to become uncontactable
I'll get paged.

		Thanks, Tuc

> Tuc at T-B-O-H <ml@stripped> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >        Ok. Is there a way to get a timestamp in the file too? If
> > this happens while I'm not near a machine I want to make sure I can
> > find the right time frame in the file.
> >
> >                Thanks, Tuc
Thread
Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H30 Aug
  • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko31 Aug
    • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H1 Sep
      • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsSGreen1 Sep
        • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H1 Sep
          • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsSGreen1 Sep
            • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H1 Sep
      • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko2 Sep
        • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H2 Sep
          • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko3 Sep
            • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H3 Sep
              • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko3 Sep
                • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H3 Sep
                  • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko5 Sep
                    • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H5 Sep
                      • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsGleb Paharenko5 Sep
                        • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H5 Sep
                    • Re: Connections with bad DNS cause lockupsTuc at T-B-O-H14 Sep