List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raymond Owens Date:September 3 2005 6:27pm
Subject:question on how to create a subset table
View as plain text
I am new to Mysql and am working a project where I want a user to be able to see some
records but not all records in a particular table.
I am assuming that I would need to create a subset table based on the original table and
give the user access to only the subset table.
Is it possible to do this so that the subset table is updated real time as the main table
is updated?  In other words as records are put in the original table they are also put in
the subset table if they meet the filter conditions. The filter conditions would be based
on the values in certain fields. What is the broad overview on how this could be done, I
can research out the details. .

example

say original table looks like this:

apples        round             red                crunchy
pears          bellshaped        green        tart
ford            focus            subcompact    fast
oranges        round        orange                juicy
honda        civic                subcompact    classy

but you don't want a particular user to see any information where the first field in the
row is a car company. You only want them to see
the information if it is a fruit. Thanks

Thread
question on how to create a subset tableRaymond Owens3 Sep
  • Re: question on how to create a subset tablemfatene3 Sep
  • Re: question on how to create a subset tablePeter Brawley3 Sep