Vladimir,

>Is there any portable alternative to LIMIT? I'd like
>to create a portable PHP pager for a web site ...

No, there's not a 'super SQL' which all SQL engines understand. To hide the details of LIMIT | TOP from your apps, you can write a PHP funcion which applies or updates the appropriate LIMIT | TOP clause in a given query, depending on what the DBMS is. If you are writing against MySQL 5.0.2 or later, you might alternatively write MSSQL and MySQL stored procs for that task.

PB

-----

Vladimir B. Tsarkov wrote:
Hello!

I've heard that LIMIT is a MySQL specific, and cannot be used in any other
DBMS. Is there any portable alternative to LIMIT? I'd like to create a
portable PHP pager for a web site, but all the tutorials that I've found,
contain solutions based on the LIMIT usage.

Thanks!