List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:September 1 2005 7:05pm
Subject:Re: LIMIT alternative
View as plain text
Vladimir,

/>Is there any portable alternative to LIMIT? I'd like
 >to create a portable PHP pager for a web site .../

No, there's not a 'super SQL' which all SQL engines understand. To hide
the details of LIMIT | TOP from your apps, you can write a PHP funcion
which applies or updates the appropriate LIMIT | TOP clause in a given
query, depending on what the DBMS is. If you are writing against MySQL
5.0.2 or later, you might alternatively write MSSQL and MySQL stored
procs for that task.

PB

-----

Vladimir B. Tsarkov wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I've heard that LIMIT is a MySQL specific, and cannot be used in any other
>DBMS. Is there any portable alternative to LIMIT? I'd like to create a
>portable PHP pager for a web site, but all the tutorials that I've found,
>contain solutions based on the LIMIT usage.
>
>Thanks!

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.10.16/83 - Release Date: 8/26/2005
Thread
table in usepriya.soma31 Aug
  • Re: table in useGleb Paharenko31 Aug
  • LIMIT alternativeUnknown Sender1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativeBastian Balthazar Bux1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativePooly1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativeSGreen1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativePeter Brawley1 Sep
      • Re: LIMIT alternativeUnknown Sender2 Sep