List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:September 1 2005 2:16pm
Subject:Re: LIMIT alternative
View as plain text
"Vladimir B. Tsarkov" <bvbn@stripped> wrote on 09/01/2005 06:16:12 AM:

> Hello!
>
> I've heard that LIMIT is a MySQL specific, and cannot be used in any
other
> DBMS. Is there any portable alternative to LIMIT? I'd like to create a
> portable PHP pager for a web site, but all the tutorials that I've
found,
> contain solutions based on the LIMIT usage.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Good Luck!
> Vladimir

Not that I know if. MySQL uses "limit", MS SQL Server uses "top", ....

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
Thread
table in usepriya.soma31 Aug
  • Re: table in useGleb Paharenko31 Aug
  • LIMIT alternativeUnknown Sender1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativeBastian Balthazar Bux1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativePooly1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativeSGreen1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativePeter Brawley1 Sep
      • Re: LIMIT alternativeUnknown Sender2 Sep