List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pooly Date:September 1 2005 10:54am
Subject:Re: LIMIT alternative
View as plain text
2005/9/1, Vladimir B. Tsarkov <bvbn@stripped>:
> Hello!
>
> I've heard that LIMIT is a MySQL specific, and cannot be used in any other
> DBMS. Is there any portable alternative to LIMIT? I'd like to create a
> portable PHP pager for a web site, but all the tutorials that I've found,
> contain solutions based on the LIMIT usage.

FTFM :
" For compatibility with PostgreSQL, MySQL also supports the LIMIT
row_count OFFSET offset syntax."

but if you want to be fully compatible with many others RDBMS, go  for
something like adodb, or some others DB interface in PHP

> Thanks!
>
> --
> Good Luck!
> Vladimir

Pooly
Webzine Rock : http://www.w-fenec.org/
Thread
table in usepriya.soma31 Aug
  • Re: table in useGleb Paharenko31 Aug
  • LIMIT alternativeUnknown Sender1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativeBastian Balthazar Bux1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativePooly1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativeSGreen1 Sep
    • Re: LIMIT alternativePeter Brawley1 Sep
      • Re: LIMIT alternativeUnknown Sender2 Sep