List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 31 2005 10:58am
Subject:Re: DIV-function?
View as plain text

> >> I dunno, maybe by looking in the manual? From [1]:
> >>
> >> Division:
> >>
> >> mysql> SELECT 3/5;
> >>         -> 0.60
> >>
> >> [1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/arithmetic-functions.html
> >>

> > Gustav is looking for the DIV-function.
> >
> > But it is there
> >
> > |DIV|
> >
> > Integer division. Similar to |FLOOR()| but safe with |BIGINT| values.
>
> He never said he wanted integer division... he just said "I want to
> divide t[w]o columns and make a new column based on the result."

Ehm, no. He specifically asked for a DIV function, not a "division". :-)

See above.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
DIV-function?Gustav Wiberg30 Aug
  • Re: DIV-function?Jasper Bryant-Greene30 Aug
    • Re: DIV-function?Joachim Klöfers31 Aug
    • Re: DIV-function?Joachim Klöfers31 Aug
      • Re: DIV-function?Jasper Bryant-Greene31 Aug
  • Re: DIV-function?Martijn Tonies31 Aug
    • Re: DIV-function?Nuno Pereira1 Sep