List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Roehrich Date:August 28 2005 11:39am
Subject: [Replication] Problem connecting to master
View as plain text
I have a strange problem setting up replication. I followed each step of
setting up replication in the mysqld documentation
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/replication-howto.html).

But there are some error messages on the salve:
050828 13:22:58 [ERROR] Slave I/O thread: error connecting to master
'replication@stripped:3306': Error: 'Can't connect to MySQL
server on 'alturo.vlugnet.org' (13)'  errno: 2003  retry-time: 60
retries: 86400

When I try to connect to the master using same hostname, same user, same
password with the mysql client it works without problems.

I tried to drag the problem with ethereal. It seems that the slave doesn't
even try to connect to the master. There are not even connection attempts
between master and slave on port 3306.

Also have a look at http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?26,36766 it seems
that he has the same problem.

As slave I'm using mysql version 4.1.12 on Fedora Core 4. Master is
3.23.58 on Fedora Core 2.

Any ideas?

Regards Jan

Thread
[Replication] Problem connecting to masterJan Roehrich28 Aug
  • Re: [Replication] Problem connecting to masterGleb Paharenko29 Aug
  • Re: [Replication] Problem connecting to masterJan Roehrich29 Aug
    • Re: [Replication] Problem connecting to masterGleb Paharenko29 Aug
  • Re: [Replication] Problem connecting to masterJan Roehrich29 Aug
    • Re: [Replication] Problem connecting to masterNuno Pereira29 Aug
    • Re: [Replication] Problem connecting to masterGleb Paharenko30 Aug
  • Re: [Replication] Problem connecting to masterJan Roehrich31 Aug