List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:leegold Date:August 27 2005 7:00pm
Subject:Re: newbee question
View as plain text
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:43:57 +0100, ross@stripped said:
> Using mysql with php I have a database that has a unique value for the
> user id. when people get delete off the list I want the unique numbers to
> compact down so.
>
> user id 1
> user id 4
> user id 5
> user id 7
> user id 9
> user id 10
>
> becomes
>
> user id 1
> user id 2
> user id 3
> user id 4
> user id 5
> user id 6
>
> If this is not possible how can I find the first entry in the database
> and last entry with php/mysql?

Not an answer, sorry. But just wondering, you said user id is unique. Is
it a primary key? Maybe you should leave it alone, else you're gonna
have "trouble"...
:^ )

Lee G.
Thread
newbee questionross27 Aug
  • Re: newbee questionleegold27 Aug
    • Re: newbee questionStijn Verholen27 Aug
  • Re: newbee questionPeter Brawley27 Aug
  • Re: newbee questionPeter Brawley27 Aug