List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 26 2005 2:16pm
Subject:Re: Compare two tables
View as plain text
Hi,

> I need to compare the structure of two tables (fields, field types, field
> lengths, indices, etc.) to determine if they have the same schema, even if
> the fields may be in a different order. Is there a command in mysql that
will
> do this? This will be used to determine if the tables are basically the
same,
> or if they need to be upgraded based on the table structures of a central
> office.

You could check the table DDL.

Or use a third party tool, like Database Workbench, that can do this for
you and even generator a change script. Check www.upscene.com

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Compare two tablesAlfredo Cole26 Aug
  • Re: Compare two tablesSGreen26 Aug
  • Re: Compare two tablesMartijn Tonies26 Aug
    • Re: Compare two tablesAlfredo Cole26 Aug
      • Re: Compare two tablesMark Addison26 Aug
  • Re: Compare two tablesMartijn Tonies26 Aug
  • Re: Compare two tablesPeter Brawley26 Aug
RE: Compare two tablesGordon Bruce26 Aug
  • Re: Compare two tablesAlfredo Cole26 Aug