List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andreas Steichardt Date:August 25 2005 9:05am
Subject:Re: Change table encoding to UTF-8
View as plain text
On Wednesday 24 August 2005 20:01, MightyData wrote:
> What is the proper procedure to change the table (or database encoding)
> from latin1 to UTF-8 with MySQL 4.1.x? My thought is to export the data to
> text file, drop the table, recreate the table with the proper encoding and
> then import the data. Is there a better way or something I missed?

ALTER TABLE <TABLE> CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET 'utf8' COLLATE 'utf8_general_ci'

that's how we did it.

> Kirk Bowman                                           Phone: 972-390-8600
> MightyData, LLC                                 http://www.mightydata.com
> FileMaker 7 Certified Developer              FileMaker Authorized Trainer
>                Check out our FileMaker 7 training classes!

Kind regards,

 Andreas Streichardt
Thread
Change table encoding to UTF-8MightyData24 Aug
  • Re: Change table encoding to UTF-8Andreas Steichardt25 Aug
  • Re: Change table encoding to UTF-8Gleb Paharenko25 Aug