List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Scherrey Date:April 15 1999 7:33am
Subject:Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.
View as plain text
FWIW - identical results when built with the 3.22.21 under intel Linux 2.2.1 and
HP Ux 10.20. Memory just keeps going up. Have yet to find a limit before it
dies. I get over 13MB at 30000 iterations and it just keeps going up. Mind you
the code starts at only a few hundred KB. This appears to be a leak more than an
allocation of buffer space.

    thanx & later,

        Ben Scherrey

PS: This is important because I have an application that needs to stay up
indefinately and it will be opening and closing connections to many different
MySQL servers periodically. I've got to reclaim this memory after a session is
closed or else I'll just eat up the machine.

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> Sorry - forgot to mention. Running mysql 3.22.16a-gamma on intel Linux 2.2.1
> compiled w./ egcs-2.93.18.

Thread
Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Benjamin Scherrey15 Apr
  • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Benjamin Scherrey15 Apr
  • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Benjamin Scherrey15 Apr
  • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Benjamin Scherrey15 Apr
  • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Benjamin Scherrey15 Apr
    • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Michael Widenius15 Apr
  • Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Michael Widenius15 Apr
  • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Benjamin Scherrey15 Apr
    • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Michael Widenius16 Apr
      • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api..16 Apr
        • Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Michael Widenius17 Apr
Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Fred Lindberg15 Apr
Re: Memory leaking like a sieve in mysql client api.Fred Lindberg15 Apr