List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:August 23 2005 8:33pm
Subject:Re: SQL help
View as plain text
Darryl,

/>Unfortunately the item field has got data with quotes around it. IE
 >"KP-00310". I need to clean up the data and have the field contain
 >just KP-00310. Since I have 10,000 records, I need a update
 >statement or something to clean that up./

To remove all double quotes: UPDATE tablename SET item=REPLACE(item,'"','');

PB

-----

Darryl Hoar wrote:

>Greetings,
>I have a table in my database called item.  It has two fields: item and
>description.
>
>Unfortunately the item field has got data with quotes around it. IE
>"KP-00310".  I
>need to clean up the data and have the field contain just KP-00310.  Since I
>have
>10,000 records, I need a update statement or something to clean that up.
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>thanks,
>Darryl

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.14/79 - Release Date: 8/22/2005
Thread
SQL helpDarryl Hoar23 Aug
  • Re: SQL helpPeter Brawley23 Aug
RE: SQL helpJay Blanchard23 Aug