List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:August 21 2005 4:21pm
Subject:Re: renaming a database
View as plain text
Octavian

/>Please tell me how to rename a database. /

As you already found, there are database features that don't survive
renaming its directory. Best method I know is to mysqldump it and
recreate it from the dump under the desired name.

PB
http://www.artfulsoftware.com

-----

Octavian Rasnita wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Please tell me how to rename a database. I couldn't find this in the manual.
>I have tried to rename manually the name of the directory that holds that
>database, but some tables can't be accessed after that. (I have found that
>they are InnoDB tables, even though I never specified that I want this type
>of engine when creating the tables).
>
>Thank you.
>

>Teddy

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.13/78 - Release Date: 8/19/2005
Thread
renaming a databaseOctavian Rasnita21 Aug
  • Re: renaming a databasePeter Brawley21 Aug
  • Re: renaming a databaseGleb Paharenko22 Aug