List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Schimmel LCpl Robert B Date:August 17 2005 1:54pm
Subject:Order By Question
View as plain text
I am having a problem with using a select statement to retrieve a result set
in a particular order. If I do a select * from the table without an order by
clause, I get the results in the order which they were entered into the
table (which is how I want them). However, the table has multiple columns in
it and I only want one column in the result set. When I do a select
[column_name] from the table, because of MySQL's go-getter attitude, the
results are sorted alphabetically for that one column. How can I get just
the one column of data that I want returned in the order which it was
entered into table?

Thread
Order By QuestionSchimmel LCpl Robert B17 Aug
  • Re: Order By QuestionJohan Höök17 Aug
    • Re: Order By QuestionArno Coetzee17 Aug
  • Re: Order By QuestionFelix Geerinckx18 Aug