List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 16 2005 9:35am
Subject:Re: Why can't I revoke usage from user?
View as plain text
Gleb,

> Hello.
>
> 'USAGE' means that user doesn't have any privileges. Use 'DROP USER'.
> See:
>   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/drop-user.html

I disagree here.

"drop user" will drop the user, revoking "usage" can be something different.

If, for example, you do "grant usage on dbname.*" this is different from
then "just" a user without "usage" granted to that database.

Besides, having a user without privileges might be useful as well :-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Why can't I revoke usage from user?Gu Lei16 Aug
  • Re: Why can't I revoke usage from user?Gleb Paharenko16 Aug
  • Re: Why can't I revoke usage from user?Martijn Tonies16 Aug
  • Re: Why can't I revoke usage from user?Martijn Tonies16 Aug
    • RE: Why can't I revoke usage from user?Mark Leith16 Aug
      • Re: Why can't I revoke usage from user?Martijn Tonies16 Aug