List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karima Velasquez Date:August 15 2005 9:23pm
Subject:Re: character encoding
View as plain text
thanks for answering...

i already know about these datatype, actually i'm using longblob as
datatype; which is why i don't really understand what's going on!!!

regarding on your previous message, do you know about any sample code on
using BLOB columns using c++ to create querys???

best regards,
karima

On 8/15/05, Warren Young <warren@stripped> wrote:

> Karima Velasquez wrote:
> > i know about the null terminating character, but i don't think this is
> the
> > problem.
>
> It might not be your immediate problem, but you will run into it
> eventually.
>
> > rigth data: <82>
> > wrong data:
> >
> > rigth data: ^
> > wrong data:
>
> That should only happen if your column is set as a non-binary type,
> which is a bad idea, for the reasons I've pointed out already.
> Character set conversions do not affect binary columns. See:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/blob.html

character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
  • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
    • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
      • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
        • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez15 Aug
          • Re: character encodingWarren Young15 Aug
            • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez16 Aug
              • Re: character encodingWarren Young16 Aug
                • Re: character encodingKarima Velasquez17 Aug
                  • Re: character encodingJasper Bryant-Greene17 Aug