List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 15 2005 9:24pm
Subject:Re: Native XML Support
View as plain text
> >>Does MySQL 5 provide native XML support?  ie, can I have a stored
> >>procedure return an XML string instead of a recordset?  Can I pass in
> >>an XML string/doc and have the DB update relational tables based on
> >>it?
> >

> > "native xml support", now, that's probably the funniest thing
> > I've heard all day :-)
> >
> > What would that actually be?
> >
> something like this I suppose

Nice document.

But, IMO, if you need to query elements in your XML, better
normalize the data structures and put it in tables...

That's what a database is supposed to be: tables with columns
and rows.

Use XML for what is was intended.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

Native XML SupportScott Klarenbach15 Aug
  • Re: Native XML SupportMartijn Tonies15 Aug
    • Re: Native XML SupportBastian Balthazar Bux15 Aug
  • Re: Native XML SupportScott Gifford15 Aug
  • Re: Native XML SupportMartijn Tonies15 Aug