Andras,

>Is it a good idea to put this 50 fields of the form fields into a single
>text mysql field?

>Somehow process it with php before, put inside of some kind of xml
>structure?

Nothing wrong with 70 columns unless there are interdependencies &/or groupings amongst the 70 values that require normalisation. Definitely, 70 numeric columns would be a much better idea than one text column with 70 numeric values embedded in it! Sounds as if you need to read a bit about normalisation.

PB

-----

Andras Kende wrote:
Hello,

I have a html page with 70+ form fields some like 40 fields are only used
for entering quantity numbers…

Don’t want to do Mysql table with 70 fields…

Is it a good idea to put this 50 fields of the form fields into a single
text mysql field?

Somehow process it with php before, put inside of some kind of xml
structure?

Thanks,

Andras Kende
http://www.kende.com