List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:August 14 2005 5:27am
Subject:Re: spatial extensions - SRID
View as plain text
Andras,

/>Is it a good idea to put this 50 fields of the form fields into a single
 >text mysql field?

 >Somehow process it with php before, put inside of some kind of xml
 >structure?
/
Nothing wrong with 70 columns unless there are interdependencies &/or
groupings amongst the 70 values that require normalisation. Definitely,
70 numeric columns would be a much better idea than one text column with
70 numeric values embedded in it! Sounds as if you need to read a bit
about normalisation.

PB

-----

Andras Kende wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a html page with 70+ form fields some like 40 fields are only used
>for entering quantity numbers…
>
>Don’t want to do Mysql table with 70 fields…
>
>Is it a good idea to put this 50 fields of the form fields into a single
>text mysql field?
>
>Somehow process it with php before, put inside of some kind of xml
>structure?
>
>Thanks,
>

>Andras Kende
>http://www.kende.com

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.8/71 - Release Date: 8/12/2005
Thread
spatial extensions - SRIDdouglass_davis12 Aug
  • Re: spatial extensions - SRIDPaul DuBois13 Aug
    • Re: spatial extensions - SRIDdouglass_davis13 Aug
      • RE: spatial extensions - SRIDAndras Kende14 Aug
Re: spatial extensions - SRIDPeter Brawley14 Aug
RE: spatial extensions - SRIDSGreen15 Aug