List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: douglass_davis Date:August 13 2005 8:39pm
Subject:Re: spatial extensions - SRID
View as plain text

Paul DuBois wrote:

> At 16:27 -0400 8/12/05, douglass_davis@stripped wrote:
>

>> This is a big issue.  Will this be the same in version 5?  Or will
>> the SRIDs actually be used?   I would like to just represent
>> everything in lat/lon, not on a planar surface.   Now, if the SRIDs
>> are used in MySql 5, where is the list of acceptable values?
>

> As far as I know, it's the same in MySQL 5.

Thanks Paul.

Is there any one out there using MySql for any serious GIS
applications?  If you are, I would like to know what types of things
have you done with it?

Also, could you please respond and tell how you address the issue of
calculations in a planar space (such as Distance(point, point) ) for
example?

--
http://www.douglassdavis.com

Thread
spatial extensions - SRIDdouglass_davis12 Aug
  • Re: spatial extensions - SRIDPaul DuBois13 Aug
    • Re: spatial extensions - SRIDdouglass_davis13 Aug
      • RE: spatial extensions - SRIDAndras Kende14 Aug
Re: spatial extensions - SRIDPeter Brawley14 Aug
RE: spatial extensions - SRIDSGreen15 Aug