List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Cole Date:August 13 2005 2:27am
Subject:Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL
View as plain text
Hi Scott,

> Is there any database file similiar to M$'s Northwind that I can use to play
> with? It would be nice if there is one inside MySQL by default for newbies
> to start out with.
>
> Microsoft's document often used Northwind as an example to teach functions.

How about FlightStats:

   http://dl.flightstats.us/

You can try out a front-end to the data:

   http://flightstats.us/

It's all public domain.  Read about where it comes from:

   http://flightstats.us/about.php

Regards,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Cole
Technical Yahoo - MySQL (Database) Geek
Desk: 408 349 5104
Thread
Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLPeter Brawley29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL(J. David Boyd)2 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLEnrique Sanchez Vela4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLSGreen4 Aug
        • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLHarald Fuchs5 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLJeremy Cole13 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLNestor Florez2 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLmos4 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug