List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Leith Date:August 12 2005 9:50am
Subject:RE: GRANT EXECUTE in MySQL 4.1
View as plain text

Martin,

EXECUTE is specifically for stored procedures.. Whilst the privilege is
available in >= 4.0.2, it has no effect at all until 5.0.something. This is
all documented in the "Privileges provided by MySQL" manual page I believe..

EXECUTE on a GLOBAL level would, of course, allow the grantee to call any
stored procedure.

HTH

Mark

Mark Leith
Cool-Tools UK Limited
http://www.cool-tools.co.uk
http://leithal.cool-tools.co.uk

Thread
GRANT EXECUTE in MySQL 4.1Martijn Tonies12 Aug
  • RE: GRANT EXECUTE in MySQL 4.1Mark Leith12 Aug
    • Re: GRANT EXECUTE in MySQL 4.1Martijn Tonies12 Aug
  • Re: GRANT EXECUTE in MySQL 4.1Gleb Paharenko12 Aug