List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marco Pöhler Date:August 9 2005 2:16pm
Subject:Re: Replication, charset / collations Problem
View as plain text
Am Dienstag, den 09.08.2005, 17:57 +0400 schrieb Alexey Polyakov:
> If charsets/collations are not set explicitly in my.cnf, server could
> be using ones specified during compilation.
> To check charsets and collations on the running server do:
> show global variables like 'c%';

Thanks.

I executed the statement on both servers and got identical results! So
no diffenrence exists between the server configuration, right ? How can
it be that I get the collation error ?

Following the statement results:

On the Master:
--------------

HAL2005:~ # mysql -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 1803 to server version: 4.1.12-standard-log

mysql> show global variables like 'c%';
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | latin1                     |
| character_set_connection | latin1                     |
| character_set_database   | latin1                     |
| character_set_results    | latin1                     |
| character_set_server     | latin1                     |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
| collation_connection     | latin1_swedish_ci          |
| collation_database       | latin1_swedish_ci          |
| collation_server         | latin1_swedish_ci          |
| concurrent_insert        | ON                         |
| connect_timeout          | 5                          |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
12 rows in set (0.00 sec)

On the Slave:
-------------

HAL2006:/var/lib/mysql # mysql -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 7 to server version: 4.1.12-standard-log

[...]
12 rows in set (0.07 sec)

Any ideas ?!

Marco

---
http://www.tuxoo.de
http://www.kontaktlinsen-preisvergleich.de

Thread
Replication, charset / collations ProblemMarco Pöhler9 Aug
  • Re: Replication, charset / collations ProblemAlexey Polyakov9 Aug
    • Re: Replication, charset / collations ProblemMarco Pöhler9 Aug
  • Re: Replication, charset / collations ProblemGleb Paharenko9 Aug
    • Re: Replication, charset / collations ProblemMarco Pöhler9 Aug
      • Re: Replication, charset / collations ProblemGleb Paharenko10 Aug