List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Trammell Date:August 8 2005 2:46pm
Subject:RE: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!
View as plain text
Funny you should bring up this subject, as it was recently rehashed
(more like re-re-re-re-hashed!) on perlmonks.org in this discussion
thread:

http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=481652

The conclusion of the discussion(s) is that there are valid reasons to
use single and double quotes in various circumstances, and that the CPU
difference due to possible variable interpolation is minor compared to
other considerations.

If performance is a problem for your app, your time would be better
spent profiling your code and address real issues before addressing the
non-issue of variable interpolation.

JT

Thread
missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aJason Pyeron4 Jul
  • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aGleb Paharenko4 Jul
    • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aJason Pyeron4 Jul
      • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aGleb Paharenko5 Jul
        • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aJason Pyeron5 Jul
        • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aJason Pyeron5 Jul
      • Documentation on Like clauseSiegfried Heintze22 Jul
        • Re: Documentation on Like clausePaul DuBois23 Jul
          • How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!Siegfried Heintze23 Jul
            • Re: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQLcontrol center!Frank Bax23 Jul
              • Alternatives to performing join on normalized joins?Siegfried Heintze24 Jul
                • Re: Alternatives to performing join on normalized joins?SGreen25 Jul
                  • RE: Alternatives to performing join on normalized joins?Siegfried Heintze26 Jul
                    • How to select first 1000 records like MySQL Control Center 0.9?Siegfried Heintze26 Jul
                      • Re: How to select first 1000 records like MySQL Control Center 0.9?Peter Brawley26 Jul
            • Re: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!Jeremiah Gowdy25 Jul
RE: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!John Trammell25 Jul
  • Where did my disk space go?Siegfried Heintze4 Aug
    • Re: Where did my disk space go?Sebastian4 Aug
      • RE: Where did my disk space go?Siegfried Heintze4 Aug
  • Re: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!Nuno Pereira8 Aug
RE: Where did my disk space go?SST - Adelaide)4 Aug
  • RE: Where did my disk space go?Siegfried Heintze4 Aug
    • RE: Where did my disk space go?David Logan4 Aug
      • How to delete log files? Was: RE: Where did my disk space go?Siegfried Heintze5 Aug
        • Re: How to delete log files? Was: RE: Where did my disk space go?Gleb Paharenko5 Aug
RE: How to delete log files? Was: RE: Where did my disk space go?SST - Adelaide)5 Aug
  • RE: How to delete log files? Was: RE: Where did my disk space go?Ron Thomas5 Aug
RE: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!John Trammell8 Aug