List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nuno Pereira Date:August 8 2005 11:53am
Subject:Re: Undefined variable: authed
View as plain text
Trevor Tregoweth wrote:
> Hi There
>

> I am trying to run a simple password /php / mysql script for a web page
> and get the following errors, it works fine on a earlier versions of php
> / mysql
>

> PHP Notice: Undefined variable: help_out_uid in
> /var/www/html/lcc/secure/secure.php on line 87,
>
> PHP Notice: Undefined variable: authed in
> /var/www/html/lcc/secure/secure.php on line 34
>
> mysql Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58, for redhat-linux-gnu (i386)
>
> PHP 4.3.9 (cgi) (built: Oct 20 2004 14:52:04)

This is not a MySQL problem, it is a PHP problem.

Are those variables containing the values from a form? If that is the
case, it seems to me that you were using a 4.0 PHP version.
Try to initialize the variables like this:

$help_out=$_REQUEST['help_out'];
$authed=$_REQUEST['authed'];

--
Nuno Pereira