List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 8 2005 10:44am
Subject:Re: MySQL 5 and 'delimiter'
View as plain text
Hello Gleb,

> Hello.
>

> Comments from:
>   http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=12344
>
> might be helpful.

Thanks. So it seems that it's only a command line statement.

Any idea why I get the error when executing the full CREATE
from a Delphi VCL component? Weird thing is, the procedure
is saved to the database.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

> > I'm a bit puzzled about the DELIMITER statement.
> >
> > Is this a command-line SQL statement only, or is this actually processed
> > on the server?
> >
> > And if it's a command-line thingy only, shouldn't I be able to execute
> > something
> > like:
> > CREATE PROCEDURE P_AA()
> >  MODIFIES SQL DATA
> > begin
> > delete from v_test;
> > delete from v_test;
> > end
> >
> > Which, currently, returns an error like this:
> > mySQL Error Code: (1064)
> > You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
> > your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ';
> > CREATE PROCEDURE P_AA()
> >  MODIFIES SQL DATA
> > begin
> > delete f
> >

> > Any idea?

Thread
MySQL 5 and 'delimiter'Martijn Tonies8 Aug
  • Re: MySQL 5 and 'delimiter'Gleb Paharenko8 Aug
  • Re: MySQL 5 and 'delimiter'Martijn Tonies8 Aug