List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 8 2005 9:28am
Subject:MySQL 5 and 'delimiter'
View as plain text
Hi there,

I'm a bit puzzled about the DELIMITER statement.

Is this a command-line SQL statement only, or is this actually processed
on the server?

And if it's a command-line thingy only, shouldn't I be able to execute
something
like:
CREATE PROCEDURE P_AA()
  MODIFIES SQL DATA
begin
delete from v_test;
delete from v_test;
end

Which, currently, returns an error like this:
mySQL Error Code: (1064)
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ';
CREATE PROCEDURE P_AA()
  MODIFIES SQL DATA
begin
delete f

Any idea?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
MySQL 5 and 'delimiter'Martijn Tonies8 Aug
  • Re: MySQL 5 and 'delimiter'Gleb Paharenko8 Aug
  • Re: MySQL 5 and 'delimiter'Martijn Tonies8 Aug