List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fajar Priyanto Date:August 8 2005 8:44am
Subject:Help table's locked/missing?
View as plain text
Hi all,
I'm hosting my web on a provider with MySQL 4.0.25-standard.

I've got this situation when I open my database using phpMyadmin, one of my
table has status is "in use".

And then when I try to repair the database, MySQL just hung there while
consumed around 50% of CPU. And then when I tried to export the database,
phpMyadmin got stuck at that tables, with a status of SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM
'thetroubledtable'.

I tried to contact the hosting provider, but it seems they're having weekend
break.

Is there any way that I or my hosting provider can do about it? Maybe
restarting the mysql server is enough? Or can the table just being deleted?
Thanks,
--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
15:33:22 up 3:09, Mandrakelinux release 10.2 (Limited Edition 2005) for i586