List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harald Fuchs Date:August 5 2005 8:58am
Subject: Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL
View as plain text
In article <afc2cc45050804061968c21225@stripped>,
Scott Hamm <linuxgold@stripped> writes:

> Ok. Now that I got NorthWind into my MySQL 5.0.9 database and also am
> running M$ SQL database server at where I work, this might be a good
> opportunity for me to learn how to mirgate from M$ SQL database to MySQL
> using Northwind and to see the difference between them. Is there anything
> that I should pay close attention to, in order to make the most smooth
> mirgation? When I migrated several databases from M$ SQL to MySQL, some
> dates was flushed to 0 values.

This is a MySQL gotcha.  See for example
http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

Thread
Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLPeter Brawley29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL(J. David Boyd)2 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLEnrique Sanchez Vela4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLSGreen4 Aug
        • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLHarald Fuchs5 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLJeremy Cole13 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLNestor Florez2 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLmos4 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug