List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Logan Date:August 4 2005 9:32pm
Subject:RE: Where did my disk space go?
View as plain text
Hi Siegfried,

In the mysql data directory,

-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql      358975 Mar 10 14:28 aaudbasa01.log
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql       25088 Feb 15 08:08
ib_arch_log_0000000000
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql     5242880 Jun 22 11:20 ib_logfile0
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql     5242880 Feb 15 08:08 ib_logfile1

The above files maybe in slightly different places, it depends on whether
you are using the InnoDB engine or the MyISAM one. The InnoDB logging
files are the ib_logfiles. You could also check the my.cnf for any form of
logging being switched on, in particular binary logging.

You could check for this as well. This will be in your my.cnf file as

# Replication Master Server (default)
# binary logging is required for replication
log_bin

If so, you could be filling up your disk quite easily

Regards

> Thank you David and Sebastion,
> I am not doing this in a transaction (at least, I did not do anything
> special to start a transaction) and I have no need for a transaction.
>
> How do I check the log files you two suggest?
>
> Thanks,
> Siegfried

David Logan
South Australia

when in trouble, or in doubt
run in circles, scream and shout

Thread
missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aJason Pyeron4 Jul
  • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aGleb Paharenko4 Jul
    • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aJason Pyeron4 Jul
      • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aGleb Paharenko5 Jul
        • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aJason Pyeron5 Jul
        • Re: missing ibd files on upgrade of mysql from 4.1.9 to 4.1.12aJason Pyeron5 Jul
      • Documentation on Like clauseSiegfried Heintze22 Jul
        • Re: Documentation on Like clausePaul DuBois23 Jul
          • How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!Siegfried Heintze23 Jul
            • Re: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQLcontrol center!Frank Bax23 Jul
              • Alternatives to performing join on normalized joins?Siegfried Heintze24 Jul
                • Re: Alternatives to performing join on normalized joins?SGreen25 Jul
                  • RE: Alternatives to performing join on normalized joins?Siegfried Heintze26 Jul
                    • How to select first 1000 records like MySQL Control Center 0.9?Siegfried Heintze26 Jul
                      • Re: How to select first 1000 records like MySQL Control Center 0.9?Peter Brawley26 Jul
            • Re: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!Jeremiah Gowdy25 Jul
RE: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!John Trammell25 Jul
  • Where did my disk space go?Siegfried Heintze4 Aug
    • Re: Where did my disk space go?Sebastian4 Aug
      • RE: Where did my disk space go?Siegfried Heintze4 Aug
  • Re: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!Nuno Pereira8 Aug
RE: Where did my disk space go?SST - Adelaide)4 Aug
  • RE: Where did my disk space go?Siegfried Heintze4 Aug
    • RE: Where did my disk space go?David Logan4 Aug
      • How to delete log files? Was: RE: Where did my disk space go?Siegfried Heintze5 Aug
        • Re: How to delete log files? Was: RE: Where did my disk space go?Gleb Paharenko5 Aug
RE: How to delete log files? Was: RE: Where did my disk space go?SST - Adelaide)5 Aug
  • RE: How to delete log files? Was: RE: Where did my disk space go?Ron Thomas5 Aug
RE: How to use Like Clause in Perl? Works fine in MySQL control center!John Trammell8 Aug