List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Hamm Date:August 4 2005 1:19pm
Subject:Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL
View as plain text
Ok. Now that I got NorthWind into my MySQL 5.0.9 database and also am
running M$ SQL database server at where I work, this might be a good
opportunity for me to learn how to mirgate from M$ SQL database to MySQL
using Northwind and to see the difference between them. Is there anything
that I should pay close attention to, in order to make the most smooth
mirgation? When I migrated several databases from M$ SQL to MySQL, some
dates was flushed to 0 values.

On 8/4/05, Enrique Sanchez Vela <esanchezvela@stripped> wrote:

> I ran a quick search on google regarding the NothWind
> Database or schema, but I did not run across anything
> that would explain what it is and what it is used for,
> however, it seems to be a pretty useful and known one.
>
> I would appeciate insight on this.
>
> thanks
> esv.
>
> ps. I think it would be more appropiate to reply
> privately to me, since this does not seem to be
> particulary related to MySQL.
>
> thanks again.
>
> --- "J. David Boyd" <david@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Peter Brawley <peter.brawley@stripped> writes:
> >
> > > Scott,

> > Northwind that I can use to play
> > MySQL by default for newbies
> > >
> > > For our chapters on Connector/ODBC and dotNet,
> > Arthur & I wrote scripts to
> > > create MySQL versions of the NW schema ...
> > >

> http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1_appe.html
> > (InnoDB)
> > > and
> >
> http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1_appe.html#11-2
> > > (MyISAM). If you like, I'll email you the SQL
> > script for populating the
> > > tables.
> > >
> > > PB
> > >

> > I would like to see these scripts as well. Can you
> > please post them
> > somewhere, or mail them to me as well?
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > --
> >
> http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1
> >

> Enrique Sanchez Vela
> email: esanchezvela@stripped

> It's often easier to fight for one's || We live in the outer space
> principles than to live up to them || Rev. Kay Greenleaf
> Adlai Stevenson ||

Power to people, Linux is here.

Thread
Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLPeter Brawley29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL(J. David Boyd)2 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLEnrique Sanchez Vela4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLSGreen4 Aug
        • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLHarald Fuchs5 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLJeremy Cole13 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLNestor Florez2 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLmos4 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug