List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:J. David Boyd Date:August 2 2005 12:20pm
Subject: Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL
View as plain text
Peter Brawley <peter.brawley@stripped> writes:

> Scott,
>
>>Is there any database file similiar to M$'s Northwind that I can use to play
>>with? It would be nice if there is one inside MySQL by default for newbies
>>to start out with.
>
> For our chapters on Connector/ODBC and dotNet, Arthur & I wrote scripts to
> create MySQL versions of the NW schema ...
> http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1_appe.html (InnoDB)
> and http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1_appe.html#11-2
> (MyISAM).  If you like, I'll email you the SQL script for populating the
> tables.
>
> PB

I would like to see these scripts as well.  Can you please post them
somewhere, or mail them to me as well?

Dave

Thread
Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLPeter Brawley29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL(J. David Boyd)2 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLEnrique Sanchez Vela4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLSGreen4 Aug
        • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLHarald Fuchs5 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLJeremy Cole13 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLNestor Florez2 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLmos4 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug