List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Smelser Date:August 1 2005 8:03pm
Subject:Re: is there an active mysql developers list?
View as plain text
On Monday 01 August 2005 12:43 pm, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Enrique Sanchez Vela wrote:
> > Most likely you would need to specify the database
> > server hostname with the -h option.
>
> yes I am aware of this. When you use the native windows mysql.exe it will
> default to localhost, using named pipes (i think, but maybe tcp).
>
> so then there is no need to pass the -h

That error message says the socket doesnt exist..

Your either pointing mysql to the wrong area, or mysqld isnt started.

Jeff

is there an active mysql developers list?Jason Pyeron1 Aug
  • Re: is there an active mysql developers list?Enrique Sanchez Vela1 Aug
    • Re: is there an active mysql developers list?Jason Pyeron1 Aug
      • Re: is there an active mysql developers list?Jeff Smelser1 Aug
        • Re: is there an active mysql developers list?Enrique Sanchez Vela2 Aug