List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Enrique Sanchez Vela Date:August 1 2005 5:08pm
Subject:Re: is there an active mysql developers list?
View as plain text

--- Jason Pyeron <jpyeron@stripped> wrote:

> we need help with configure time options
>
> ./configure  --without-unix-socket-path
> --without-server
> [jpyeron@mrlaptop client]$ ./mysql -u root
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL
> server through socket 'no' (2)
>
> trying to disable unix sockets altogether

Most likely you would need to specify the database
server hostname with the -h option.

regards,
esv.

Enrique Sanchez Vela
email: esanchezvela@stripped
It's often easier to fight for one's        ||    We live in the outer space

principles than to live up to them        ||    Rev. Kay Greenleaf
Adlai Stevenson                                ||

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Thread
is there an active mysql developers list?Jason Pyeron1 Aug
  • Re: is there an active mysql developers list?Enrique Sanchez Vela1 Aug
    • Re: is there an active mysql developers list?Jason Pyeron1 Aug
      • Re: is there an active mysql developers list?Jeff Smelser1 Aug
        • Re: is there an active mysql developers list?Enrique Sanchez Vela2 Aug