List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terence Date:July 30 2005 4:34am
Subject:Re: Persistent Corruption
View as plain text
Also check your kernel version. We had the same problems running on the
old RH 7.3 kernel (2.4.17 was it?) After upgrading to RH9 it was fine.

Chris McKeever wrote:
> MySQL 4.0.16
>
> I am having this annoying persistent corruption issue, and am
> wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  I have two tables that
> refuse to stay clean.  After a myisamchk (below) they show corruption.
>  I run a myisamchk -r, they get fixed, and the next day, they are once
> again corrupt.
>
> Finally, I did a mysqldump, dropped the tables, imported the data from
> the dump, and the next day - corrupt.
>
> I am at a loss, I thought the brute force method should clean it.
>
> I dont think it is the applicaiton itself, since there are an
> identical 24 tables (alphabet) that do not have this issue.
>
> Any help would be appreciated - Chris
>
> Checking MyISAM file: EmailMessage_c.MYI
> Data records:   79196   Deleted blocks:      22
> myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
> - check file-size
> - check key delete-chain
> - check record delete-chain
> - check index reference
> - check data record references index: 1
> - check record links
> myisamchk: error: Record-count is not ok; is 79197        Should be: 79196
> myisamchk: warning: Found 457872 deleted space.   Should be 459588
> myisamchk: warning: Found      79507 parts                Should be: 79506 parts
> MyISAM-table 'EmailMessage_c.MYI' is corrupted
> Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"
>

> Checking MyISAM file: EmailMessage_j.MYI
> Data records:   39907   Deleted blocks:      91
> myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
> - check file-size
> - check key delete-chain
> - check record delete-chain
> - check index reference
> - check data record references index: 1
> - check record links
> myisamchk: error: Record-count is not ok; is 39909        Should be: 39907
> myisamchk: warning: Found 719032 deleted space.   Should be 742328
> myisamchk: warning: Found         89 deleted blocks       Should be: 91
> myisamchk: warning: Found      40195 parts                Should be: 40193 parts
> MyISAM-table 'EmailMessage_j.MYI' is corrupted
> Fix it using switch "-r" or "-o"

Thread
Persistent CorruptionChris McKeever28 Jul
  • Re: Persistent CorruptionDobromir Velev28 Jul
    • Re: Persistent CorruptionChris McKeever28 Jul
  • Re: Persistent CorruptionDan Tappin28 Jul
    • Re: Persistent CorruptionChris McKeever28 Jul
  • Re: Persistent CorruptionGleb Paharenko29 Jul
  • Re: Persistent CorruptionTerence30 Jul
    • Re: Persistent CorruptionChris McKeever1 Aug
      • Re: Persistent Corruption [UPDATE]Chris McKeever4 Aug