List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:July 30 2005 2:58am
Subject:Re: Phone Number Column Advice
View as plain text
Scott Purcell wrote:

 >I am waffling on how to handle a column of phone numbers. I am
 >not sure what is common practice on the database side. Talking to
 >some co-workers, some feel it would be fine to use a varchar and
 >others think there should be 3 integer columns in the database
 >for each number?

Parts of some phone numbers begin with '0', which you can't represent as
an INT, so use CHAR.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Phone Number Column AdviceScott Purcell29 Jul
  • Re: Phone Number Column AdviceMartijn Tonies29 Jul
  • Re: Phone Number Column AdviceAsad Habib29 Jul
  • Re: Phone Number Column AdvicePeter Brawley30 Jul