List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alvaro Cobo Date:July 29 2005 7:48pm
Subject:Export OpenOffice XML to Mysql
View as plain text
Hi guys:

I have the following problem:

In the organization I work for, we have several standard formats which we have to write
for each project we manage (for example: reports). These are MS-Word documents, for which
I have created a database and several forms to store this information. The problem is that
it is very time consuming to insert manually each one of this documents.

I think the solution is to create a OpenOffice Template for the document, with specific
tags, to recover and export the file "contents.xml" (which is part of the *.sxw zip file)
'automagically' to the MySql database inserting each part of the XML to their specific
field in the database. So the users only have to write the document, upload the file and
the server does the job.

The questions are:

a) Is it possible to do that? Somebody has tried something like that?.

b) What do you think about the idea? Could it be too complicated? Am I in the wrong path?.

I will appreciate any clue or comment about these questions.

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Alvaro.

Thread
Export OpenOffice XML to MysqlAlvaro Cobo29 Jul
  • Re: Export OpenOffice XML to Mysql(J. David Boyd)2 Aug