List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:July 29 2005 6:24pm
Subject:Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL
View as plain text
Scott,

>Is there any database file similiar to M$'s Northwind that I can use to play
>with? It would be nice if there is one inside MySQL by default for newbies
>to start out with.

For our chapters on Connector/ODBC and dotNet, Arthur & I wrote scripts
to create MySQL versions of the NW schema ...
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1_appe.html
(InnoDB) and
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1_appe.html#11-2
(MyISAM).
If you like, I'll email you the SQL script for populating the tables.

PB

-----

Scott Hamm wrote:

>Is there any database file similiar to M$'s Northwind that I can use to play
>with? It would be nice if there is one inside MySQL by default for newbies
>to start out with.
>
>Microsoft's document often used Northwind as an example to teach functions.

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.9.7/60 - Release Date: 7/28/2005
Thread
Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLPeter Brawley29 Jul
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQL(J. David Boyd)2 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLEnrique Sanchez Vela4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
      • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLSGreen4 Aug
        • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug
    • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLHarald Fuchs5 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLJeremy Cole13 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLNestor Florez2 Aug
Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLmos4 Aug
  • Re: Database equivalent to NorthWind for M$ SQLScott Hamm4 Aug