List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:July 29 2005 2:59pm
Subject:Re: Complete server lock
View as plain text
JamesDR wrote:
> I noticed, on my Linux server, that MySQL makes a DNS lookup anyway.
> Even if the IP is used or not. It normally digs on the PTR record. I had
> all of my perms IP based, however, it still looked at the PTR record. At
> the time I hadn't set any up in my DNS server. After I added all the PTR
> records of the clients that were connecting to the server, it was fast
> again.
>
> ...Something to think about...

James, I think you've found the problem.  For the benefit of us novices,
what is the PTR record?  After which I can add this to my /etc/hosts,
which should help.

If there is anybody who knows how to build a DNS clean MySQL, I would be
very interested in knowing.

Regards,

Ben Clewett.

Thread
Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
  • Re: Complete server lockJigal van Hemert29 Jul
    • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
      • Re: Complete server lockJamesDR29 Jul
        • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
          • Re: Complete server lockMichael Stassen29 Jul
            • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
          • RE: Complete server lockDaniel2 Aug