List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jigal van Hemert Date:July 29 2005 2:18pm
Subject:Re: Complete server lock
View as plain text
Ben Clewett wrote:
> It had been suggested that our DNS failed prior to this event.  I don't
> think MySQL uses DNS, but I am not entirely sure.

If the db, user, etc. tables in the mysql system database (containing
privileges, etc.) contain host names instead of IP-addresses I suspect
it needs a DNS to resolve these...

> If I get a state where a 'kill' will not cause MySQL to exit.  Is there
> any other know way to ask MySQL to exit cleanly?

MySQL server was probably waiting for a bunch of DNS requests? Until a
timeout occurs it will probably keep the connection waiting. This can
cause a lot of connections to occur until you reach max_connections at
which point it will not accept new connections anymore.

Regards, Jigal.
Thread
Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
  • Re: Complete server lockJigal van Hemert29 Jul
    • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
      • Re: Complete server lockJamesDR29 Jul
        • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
          • Re: Complete server lockMichael Stassen29 Jul
            • Re: Complete server lockBen Clewett29 Jul
          • RE: Complete server lockDaniel2 Aug